What is included with registration?
- Access to all conference events
- Conference Program (hard copy) and registration bag
- Nutrition breaks, 3 lunches, 3 receptions (vegetarian and gluten-free options included)
- Access to book sale and autograph signings
- The opportunity to network with past, present and future colleagues
|Early Bird Registration||April 15|
|100% Registration Refund||May 8|
|80% Refund||May 15|
|50% Refund||May 23|
No refunds after May 24
|Holiday Inn Group Rate Reservation||April 29|
|New College Residence Group Rate Reservation||March 24|
|Victoria College Residence Group Rate Reservation||April 15|
Where is the conference taking place?
- The main venue of the conference is Hart House, University of Toronto, 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto, ON M5S 3H3.
- For details about other nearby locations, please consult the full program.
- Registration site: Founders Hall, Hart House
- Locations Map
How do I register?
- Please register online via https://tinyurl.com/registration-M-T2017
- Bring proof of registration and of full payment to the conference site.
- To complete registration, full payment online is required.
- Full or half day registration can be done on site.
- No General Public tickets for the literary readings will be sold at the door.
What are the registration rates?
|Early Bird Registration||Deadline April 15|
|Faculty, Employed||$330 (+$20.40 Evenbrite fee)|
|Student, Postdoc Fellows, Sessionals, Unemployed||$130 (+8.40 Evenbrite fee)|
|Regular Registration||April 16 to May 27|
|Faculty / Employed||$380 (+23.40 Evenbrite fee)|
|Student, Postdoc Fellows, Sessionals, Unemployed Faculty||$180 (+11.40 Evenbrite fee)|
|Full Day Pass|
|Faculty, Employed||$125 (+8.11 Evenbrite fee)|
|Student, Postdoc Fellows, Sessionals, Unemployed||$50 (+3.60 Evenbrite fee)|
|Half Day Pass|
|Faculty, Employed||$75 (+5.11 Evenbrite fee)|
|Student, Postdoc Fellows, Sessionals, Unemployed||$25 (+2.11 Evenbrite fee)|
|General Public Thursday, May 25||$10 (+1.20 Evenbrite fee)|
|Readings by George Elliott Clarke & SKY Lee
Launch of new edition of Lee’s Disappearing Moon Cafe, book signings
|General Public Friday, May 26||$20 (+1.80 Evenbrite fee)|
|Readings by Michael Helm, Liz Howard, Tracey Lindberg, Roy Miki, Pamela Mordecai
|General Public Readings May 25 & 26||$25 (+2.11 Evenbrite fee)|
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- Full refund by May 8
- 80% refund for cancellations made by May 15
- 50% refund by May 23
- No refunds will be possible after May 24
- To request a refund, you must sign into your Eventbrite account and click on “Request a Refund” in the “Tickets” section. For more instructions, please visit Eventbrite Support.
Some of the conference’s sessions will be recorded, distributed and used for educational and other related purposes.
By registering for the conference, you give permission to the University of Toronto to capture/make images, including photographs and/or videos, or you for University activities and for promoting the University. You also give permission for images of you to be copied, used, exhibited, displayed, broadcasted, distributed and posted, including derivative works and recordings in any format or media now or in the future. You understand that images of you will become the property of the University, and be kept for use by the University. You understand that you have the right to revoke consent, at any time, to future use of images of you by contacting us at the address below and providing a way of identifying the photo, video or recording concerned: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I contact the organizers with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes. Please bring your registration ticket to the conference’s registration desk to receive your registration package and name tag.
If you purchase a banquet ticket, your ticket will be required to enter the banquet hall.
If you have a General Public ticket for the literary readings, your ticket will be required at the door.