Recent Publications by the TCI Director
- “(Reading Closely) Calling for the Formation of Asian Canadian Studies.” In Unruly Penelopes and the Ghosts: Narratives of English Canada. Ed. Eva Darias- Beautell. Wilfrid Laurier UP, 2012. 43-75.
- “Forgetting, Remembering, and Unforgetting: Collective Memory and the Nation-state in Rawi Hage’s Cockroach.” In Towards Critical Multiculturalism: Dialogues Between / Among Canadian Diasporas – Vers un multiculturalisme critique: dialogues entre les diasporas canadiannes. Ewelina Bujnowska, Marcin Gabryś, and Tomasz Sikora. Katowice, Poland: Agencja Artystyczna PARA, 2011. 134-53.
- “The Sublime of Mobility and Thomas Wharton’s Icefields.” Mobilités culturelles / Cultural Mobilities. Eds. Pascal Gin and W. Moser. U of Ottawa P, 2011. 189-229.
- “Shifting the Ground of a Discipline: Emergence and Canadian Literary Studies in English.” Introduction to Shifting the Ground of Canadian Literary Studies, ed. Smaro Kamboureli and Robert Zacharias. Wilfrid Laurier UP, 2012. 1-36. For more information please click here.
- “‘I have altered my tactics to reflect the new era’: Public Intellectuals and Community.” In Various Cultures / Variant Readings: Essays in Honour of Prof. Jameela Begum. Vol. 1. Eds. B. Hariharan, et. al. New Delhi, India: Creative Books. 152-79. Also forthcoming in Tracing the Lines: Reflections and Contemporary Poetics and Politics in Honour of Roy Miki. Ed. Christine Kim, Larissa Lai and Chris Lee. Vancouver: Talonbooks. (Release date: October 2012).
- See also Retooling The Humanities: The Culture of Research in Canadian Universities.
- “Pomegranates in Qamani’tuaq, or When Money Becomes Caribou.” Foreword. Art and Cold Cash. The Art and Cold Cash Collective: Ruby Arngna’naaq, Jack Butler, Sheila Butler, Patrick Mahon, and William Noah. Toronto: YYZBooks, 2009. 9-15. For more information please click here.